RESA is looking for qualified Canadian experts to teach an 80-minute class on various topics. Based on feedback from our members, we’re seeking experts on the following topics:
- Social Media For Newbies: What you need to know
- Branding Strategies for Newbies
- Real life conflicts common to home stagers and how to resolve them
- The Benefits of adding Professional Organizing to your Business Model
- How to Organize the Administrative Side of Your Business
- Photo Styling: How to Take Better Photos of your staging projects
- Day-To-Day Staging Tips and Tricks
- Marketing Strategies, Tactics, and Campaigns to help grow your business
- The Pros and Cons of adding staff and best practices for success as your business grows
- Developing an Exit Strategy: How to set up your staging business for a potential sale
- Warehouse Management & The Pros and Cons of Having Your Own Inventory
- Pricing strategies for your market: How to ensure your business remains profitable and competitive at the same time
- Color concepts and use of trendy design colors in staging
- Any other “Advanced Level” topic
- What topic do you think would benefit you and other home stagers attending our conference?
These classes will be broken up into four categories:
- Newbie Stagers
- Mid-Level Stagers
- Advanced Level Stagers
- Niche Stagers
- A formal outline of your suggested topic and all areas to be included
- The topic title, a paragraph describing your class, and at least 3 Learning Objectives
- Please indicate if your class is most appropriate for a Newbie, Mid-Level stager, Advanced stager, or Niche Stager (select more than one level if applicable)
- Two or three sentences describing why you are qualified to be considered an Expert on this topic
- A speaker bio-this will be used on our website to promote your class if your class is chosen
- A speaker demo is required if you’ve never presented at a RESA convention. NOTE: A speaker demo is a video and should be long enough for the committee to get a sense of your speaking style. If your video exists on the Internet, please include a link.
Your submission should be submitted in WORD. Please use proper grammar and punctuation in all of your submissions. If your topic is chosen, this information will be used to promote your class. Please name your WORD document with your first name, last name and presentation title. i.e. StacyStagerHowToBuildABusinessThatSells
In exchange for speaking, RESA members who are selected will receive a convention ticket and one-year of RESA membership as compensation.
Restrictions: Presentations that are “sales pitches” will be rejected. Presentations must give valuable information to attendees and not be oriented to sell any products or services.
Each speaker has 80 minutes to conduct their class.
Deadline to Submit: June 15, 2017; submissions after this date will not be accepted.
Note: Speaker demos are required from everyone except for previous RESA convention speakers.